A (not so) Spooky House


I thought I’d try my hand at a 3 dimensional spooky house for a Halloween decoration. Well I found this little cutie at svgcuts.com. So rather than reinventing the wheel, I figured I would give it a go with this cutting file and make my changes from there. I can never leave well enough alone so I had to embellish it more than the original. I had a lot of fun adding the characters in the windows, layering the shingles for the siding, redoing the poles for the porch, adding a little fencing, and adding dimensional shingles. Lots of little details and lots of trial and error. I guess I can add architecture to my list of things I can sort-of-do. Now I have the building bug and I’ll have a brand new version for Christmas – coming soon…